Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Who Needs IVF When There's Pasta??

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2011/04/lets-make-a-baby-pasta.html

When a friend sent me this in an email, my jaw literally dropped to the floor! Of course she was as appalled as I was!

The Recipe That Can Help You Get Pregnant

With the release of Glamour's cookbook 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know, we've talked a lot about the power food this month: Engagement Chicken, Forget the Mistake You Made at Work Margaritas and more. But I think this recipe from Vitamin G blogger Sarah Jio has the most magical qualities of all.
Like true magic, we don't know why Let's Make a Baby Pasta works, but we do know that Sarah has made the dish for her husband three times—and now they have three children. You do the math.

Ready to make a baby of your own? Here's the recipe! What do you gals think? Would you make it? Are you ready for kids? Already have 'em? Tell me below!
Penne With Spicy Tomato Sauce
Serves 2 to 4

In a large pot, bring water to a boil, and add a large pinch of kosher salt. Add 3/4 lb. penne, and cook following package instructions. Drain the pasta, and reserve in a serving bowl. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over moderate heat.
Add 2 minced garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds.
Add one 14-oz. can whole or diced tomatoes, and crush with the back of your spoon (leaving the sauce a bit chunky). Simmer until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.

Add tomato sauce to the pasta, and toss to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top, and serve—by candlelight!


Read More http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2011/04/lets-make-a-baby-pasta.html#ixzz1KmNzsC00


REALLY?? I MEAN, REALLY? What kind of BS are they selling? I find it funny, actually. For some people to think that me making pasta for my husband would suddenly make me ovulate when I haven't for over 10 years. Things would magically fall into place with the "spicy tomato sauce". Hey, if I believed it for a second, sign me up! We would be eating that every night for dinner. I would definitely be celebrating my first of many Mother's Days this year. But no, eating pasta does not make you pregnant. I hate to break it to you lady who wrote this in her blog and Glamour, who published it in a cookbook, but it just doesn't work that way. As we have discussed before, there are a million things that have to fall exactly into place for a baby to be conceived. Otherwise, I wouldn't be going through all of this! She must not have really been suffering from infertility because if she were, it wouldn't be the pasta that made her pregnant! Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but sometimes people's opinions can be downright absurd. This one heads to the top of the list for me at this point in my life. Come on, I mean I am truly happy for her and her family, don't get me wrong. But seriously...this lady needs a little lesson in appreciation, recognition, empathy or whatever you want to call it for those of us out there who seriously understand that this recipe is a complete slap in the face to women who struggle from infertility. At least that's how I feel. I feel appalled that they would even go so far as to publish this in a cookbook! Thoughts, anyone?

1 comment: